Friday, August 12, 2005

What I am up to..

Well I can’t believe that the summer is almost over--I HATE IT!

My plan is to enjoy every moment of it!

Here's what I am up to these days...

The Book...
I am currently reading: Dreams from my father--Barack Obama and must say that it is changing my Life... Not in SIGNIFICANT ways--but important ways none the less! My change is happening on the inside... I am taking a journey to my past, present and future in a thoughtful and constructive way.. A lot of reflection... some closures... Barack has written a riveting memoir! I can't tell you how many times I have paused while reading it--to reflect on my own journey...Really POWERFUL stuff!!

Reading the Word...
I have been spending considerable time reading/Studying God's word in an effort to take my “personal walk” with God to a new level! Between reading, young adult's bible study and Sunday service I am gaining a lot of knowledge --It's been VERY rewarding. I am feeling prepared to go on the road and be about my Father's business!

Running...
I started running earlier this summer and was up to four miles per day, but fell of the "trail” for a few weeks--I have DECIDED to start again...

Trips...
I have a couple of trips on the radar that I am excited about

Turks and Caicos at the end of September-- I am going with the sisters, brother in law and a few friends.. I can't wait.. will definitely share some photos when I get back!

Jamaica in December (if I can find reasonable hotel accommodations). Christmas is high season for most Caribbean countries, so the hotels charge "an arm and a leg" only because they know that people will pay them--oye!

Africa in February-- I am currently planning a trip with a Friend to go to Cape Town and Johannesburg early next year and I am excited because I have never been to that region before! And we will be staying with her friends--which mean that I will not be getting the "tourist version” of Africa- yeah baby--that’s was I’m talking about :-)….

See you soon....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when are you going to update your blog???

Anonymous said...

when are you going to update your blog -

Love
Anonymous aka Bixby